We rode up from the trailhead to Portuguese Pass in record time! Tried going to Tobias, but there were a couple trees down and we couldn’t get over them. Turned around and went towards Greenhorn and really enjoyed the sunny conditions! About a mile from the Greenhorn shed there was another tree down, so we turned around and headed back. As usual, snow was getting thin between Portuguese Pass and the trailhead, but we made it. Can’t wait to go back out soon!
According to Sugarloafers Facebook page they claim Sugarloaf side is closed to all snowmobiling. Also says dangerous condition from Portuguese to the warming hut. This was loaders after the date you rode. Any idea if this is true
There are still “area closed” signs up from the fires, but if you read it (we did), snow sports are exempt. There are trees down on the road between Portuguese Pass and the warming hut, but I wouldn’t consider conditions any more or less dangerous than they’ve been before.