RAIN 10-30 inches now to 10 JAN snow 2500 to 6000 feet

Forums Snow Talk RAIN 10-30 inches now to 10 JAN snow 2500 to 6000 feet

• This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 1 month ago by  JHaberlander.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

donbrown

Biggest rain / snow event in 10 years
    California will surpass “normal rainfall this week”
    Dams should fill by 15 JAN … with lots of flooding , rock slides
    AND OF COURSE LOTS OF SNOW ABOVE 7000 feet

Roy Allard

Bring it on. It’s about time. I just hope everything doesn’t wash away in all of the fire areas and starved vegetation areas.

donbrown

You know 2-3 weekends ago it rained 7 plus inches in 8 hours to 10000 feet. Washed the 2 feet base we had away and the Kern filled to the brim.

I think the temps will allow snow to stay above 7000 feet

I’m more concerned about getting the SHERMAN road plowing contract approved by the SAN BERNANDINO NFS

Paul

Any word on grooming for Sherman this year? Is the yellow legged frog fiasco over with?

Roy Allard

Bob Frenes NFS indicated everything was in order for this season for grooming. I’ll try to call him and get an update for the meeting on Wednesday.

Thanks,
    Roy

Paul

Thanks Roy.

donbrown

I know we can groom BUT did the “new 2 yr” contract get approved to maintain/plow Sherman Pass Road?

donbrown

Heading should be 10 Jan not 10DEC

Justin

I updated that for you Don.

donbrown

Another 2 feet plus estimated Sierra range 8000 feet just north of Truckee American river INCREASING to 3 plus feet Mammoth KINGS Canyon to 4 feet in TULARE / KERN County area !

Mammoth to TRUCKEE/SUSANVILLE seems have most TOTAL accumulation by Friday

specifically Olympic valley

TIOGA PASS TO KINGS CANYON

IMHO would ride FRIDAY SATURDAY 6-7 BECAUSE IT IS SUPPOSE TO rain ON sunday 8 jan 1-3 INCHES RAIN UP TO 8500 FEET THEN A DAY CLEARING AND MORE SNOW NEXT WEEK

snowquad

Hello i’m new to the club but have been riding with the guys at Sugarloaf for a while now I was wondering what is the best way to Sherman pass 395 to Kennedy Meadow ?

JHaberlander

Hey Bill,best way to Sherman is 178 past Kernvill if possible, if you come in from 395 it’s a long way to the peak.I’m gonadotropin try to go this Saturday, contact me if you’re going.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.